Thursday, November 19, 2009

Molly's Halloween Picture

I'm a bit late on this post, but I'd rather post this now than never. My dog Molly is such an inspiration to me and I love her very much. We rescued her on February 10, 2007, and she has been with us ever since. When we got her, she was underweight, scared of men, and was abandoned in a shelter with her young puppy in Bay City, Texas. It was obvious that she had been abused because she had scars on her face. We adopted her from a breed specific rescue, the Southeast Texas Labrador Retriever Rescue, in Houston. They are wonderful! I completely recommend breed specific rescues because they foster their dogs and learn their temperaments. They interviewed us and learned about our lifestyle, two law students are not very active, and then we were matched with Molly. She was and is perfect for us, and as she learned we would love her unconditionally, her confidence and self-esteem grew. This Halloween, she was a bumble bee, and I could not have been more proud of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment