Tuesday, June 15, 2010

All New

These are my new canvases that I have acquired recently.  I am and have always been a bit hesitant to acquire large amounts of canvases because I do not want to become someone who has a drawer or a suit case full of canvases that I will never get to stitch.  I love the pieces that I buy and would be really sad to waste the money and the space.  My canvas stash now is the largest it has ever been: Kelly Clark Angel, Kelly Clark topiary, October Sheep, rug, St. Francis, cardinal, Texas Santa, Lab, Basset Hound, Christmas Lab, Melissa Shirley Scottish Santa.  I think that is all and that is way to many!  I am declaring a moratorium on purchasing canvases.  Even though I really want to do the Texas boot club from the French Knot in Fort Worth.  I must do at least one or two of these before I buy something else.  With my new resolve, I can now tell you about the canvases pictured below (and my rationale for purchasing them!).

 This is a stash sale purchase from my local needlepoint guild (Lone Star):  I paid $6 for it.  What a deal!  I am still not sure how I would like to finish it though.  Maybe a box or a tray
This is my October Sheep.  He is soooo cute!!!  I have three out of 12 months from this Rebecca Wood series.  I love stitching these, even though my July Sheep gave me fits!  (I had to rip out the background three times because I miss counted!)

   

 

This next piece is a Patty Paint St. Francis.  I have had my eye on this one for a while at Chaparral, but I could never bring myself to purchase it partly because I did not have a lot of extra money last year for canvases.  Sooo last week when I was taking Carolyn's class on Saturday, I saw this in the sale room.  I snatched it up!!!  I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment