This post is all about my stash. I have too much! I have 20-25 canvases either in progress or completely new. Holy Crap! And to top that off, I have not done much stitching since July! Ugh! Time to get busy!
I have been busy doing something- shopping- that I should not have done. Here are my acquisitions, which I do love.
This is Joy by Raymond Crawford. It is the companion piece to Noel, which was featured on the December 2009 cover of Needlepoint Now. Joy will be my Christmas stitching piece. It definitely has a warm place in my heart because Molly's name before she was adopted by us was "Joy". Molly fits her better, but Joy definitely describes her the best both in the Joy she is and the Joy she brings to our lives. *tear*.
This is Melissa Shirley's bear Madonna and child. I love the colors, the little bear peeking around the corner, and the religious picture
This next one is a gift from my dad, to be made for my dad. I think I am going to have to work on this one next. He asked me about it today! It is Alabama football season after all!
These next three canvases are part of the Petei Henry VIII and his six wives series. I can't wait to put my needle into these!
See all of these were bought on sale or were gifts!!!
For my stitching New Year's resolutions, I have been able to cross out #5 with the completion of my September sheep, and I am almost done with #4 with the almost complete pink angel. How exciting!
1) O Come canvas
2) Patty Paints George and Martha- a huge canvas!
3) Boy Schnauzer
4) one Kelly Clark piece- maybe the Noah's ark or my Texas Santa that I have in my stash
5) 2 Rebecca Wood Ornaments- September and July Sheep
6) Liz/ Tapestry Tent Basset Hound- eBay canvas!
7) Melissa Shirley Cardinal (part of an 8 bird series she came out with a year or so ago)
8) 3-4 pieces of my choice- Patty Paints House, Mini Sock, Charleston Round, Scottish Santa
A VERY GOOD STITCHY WEEKEND
1 day ago