Monday, January 9, 2012

Babies Sleeping

My cousin, the same one I made the "Cow Jumping Over the Moon" canvas for 2 years ago, is having twins!  Twin boys!  When I saw the "Babies Sleeping" canvas at the Needlehouse, I knew I had to stitch it.  I was looking for something to stitch, but I didn't want to stitch two of something and it was starting to get closer to my cousin's due date.  Yikes!  This is a picture of the canvas when I just started it on Saturday.

I am using Planet Earth Wool for the background, gold Rachelette for the stars, yellow Neon Rays for the moon, Silk Lame Braid (I had to get a new card) for the lettering, and Frosty Rays for the cloud.  I honestly had the most doubt about the Frosty Rays.  I have a hard time imagining how things will look stitched.  However, I trusted Emily and her thread and stitch choices, and I am glad I did!


This is a close up of the picture above.  I did all of this in one afternoon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment