Thursday, January 5, 2012

Welcome 2012!

Although it was not quite 2012 when I got this canvas, it is for a gift for my cousin who is having twins. I spotted this canvas at the Needlehouse's one day New Years Sale.  I have not been to the Needlehouse in a really long time and I wanted to check out the canvas selection while it was on sale.  Every shop has different canvases, and I really did not see anything I absolutely had to have except for this canvas.  I loved every canvas I saw, but this one I had to have!


The thread is a new Planet Earth wool.  I can't wait to stitch with it.  I also have a really nice Silk Lame in blue for the lettering, but I cannot find it.  I am hoping it is in my car and not really lost.  I took the canvas and bag of threads into Pappadeaux's restaurant to show my Grandma on New Year's Eve, so I hope I didn't loose the thread there.  The twins are my Grandma's great-grandchildren.  

Now to the Resolutions!  Let's re-cap the big canvas list from last year....

Pink Angel
Henry
Ann
Katherine
Liz Basset Hound
Blue Rug
A&M stocking
Melissa Shirley cardinal
Melissa Shirley Madonna
Joy
Marie Antoinette
Alabama A
October sheep
Melissa Shirley Scottish Santa
Kelly Clark Texas basket
Kelly Clark stitching Santa
A&M Santa
George and Martha
Liz Lab
Kelly Clark present topiary
Christmas lab round- 2
St. Francis
Counted canvas heart
Chrismons- 2-3
Babies Sleeping
Love
Massachusetts Scene
Louis
Ben Franklin
Roll Tide
Alligator
Santa's Favorite Dog
Prairie Schooler
Easter Rabbit


I really want to have Joy, Alabama A, October SheepA&M stocking, and Pink Angel done by the end of the year."  

Despite 2011 being a "no canvas buying" year, I managed to acquire a lot of canvases.  The Roll Tide and Babies Sleeping were for gifts; Massachusetts was a present from my sister; Louis, Ben Franklin, and a new Lab Round were to match sets; and Love and the Easter Rabbit were gifts from a needlepoint friend.  This brings the canvas count to 30.  I managed to get 7 finished this year.

My resolutions for this year are to finish all of my Christmas canvases: Present Topiary, A&M Santa, Prairie Schooler, Santa's Favorite Dog, 2 Lab Rounds, and Joy.  If I finish all 7- that will be great!  I think I will do the A&M Santa during the football season.


No comments:

Post a Comment