And the big news is.... I finally FINISHED JOY!!!
As you can tell by this blog, I have been working on this since the stitch guide came out in the December 2009 issue of Needlepoint Now. I am happy it is finished, and so pleased with the results.
This is a close-up of the "Y" with the glittery jewels and the gold Kreinik French knots! The French knots were the most nerve wracking for me because I feel like some of them came out uneven, but I am leaving it alone! The berries were Emily's suggestion too. I padded the berries with Frosty Rays and then satin stitched over them. I love the juicy and plump look it gave to the berries to make them stick out above the holly leaves.
This is what I have also been working on... and I am almost done. Just the beads and the bullion knots on his toes. This picture was taken before my Sunday stitching was complete, so since the photograph and now, I have completed the belly and the legs.