Tuesday, May 1, 2012

New Canvases

I have been doing a lot of shopping and not a lot of stitching.......

Chaparral had it's 50th birthday party on April 27th, and along with the delicious cake, they were offering 20% off all in-stock canvases.  I could not pass up these:


This is going to be a gift for my sister to celebrate her Freshman year at Alabama.  


You all might recognize this one from a post around New Year's.  This acorn is a Melissa Shirley design that I fell in love with from the picture.  It is just as pretty in person.  Carolyn added her special touch with the pine cone buttons that fit perfectly over the painted pine cones.  This my second cardinal piece that I have of hers.  

THEN.....

Chandail was purchased by Saira, whom I adore.  She will do many wonderful things for the store including fashionable canvases, fun classes, etc.  Before the transition from Emily to Saira, which was last week as well, Chandail had an extra sale on all canvases that were already marked down.  This beauty was among them!  How could I pass up a lab!?!


Please excuse the terrible picture.

After Chandail re-opened on Monday the 30th, I went to the store to see the changes, and bought this...


Another LAB!!  But this one is soooo Molly.   She LOVES chasing squirrels except when she is doing this.... 


but even then, I think she is chasing squirrels.  


MORE TO COME!!!  YIKES!




3 comments:

  1. No crime in stash enhancement. And who can pass up a sale? I just finished a PP mini angel for the Chi O in my life. Check it out on today's post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might also want to check into the college luggage tags that Kristine at Baltimore Needleworks is panting. She will paint any college you want.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just finished my SMU Painted Pony Angel. It is on today's post. I used a Weeks Dye Work's color called Kris' Bon Bon for the hair. Use four strands. Reverse two when you strand it and you get that marvelous highlighted look. Can' t wait to see progress.

    ReplyDelete