Sunday, August 19, 2012

Summer Classes and Travels Part 1

This summer has been FULL of stitching classes and travel.  The first class I want to tell you about was the Tony class I took at the end of May.  This was my first Canvas Enhancement class with Tony, and I could not believe how wonderful my classroom experience was.  The class started on Friday and ended on Sunday.  On Friday, about 20 of us showed up at the YWCA in not so desirable part of town, but we were all pleasantly surprised that the classroom space was so large and all the facilities were excellent.  There were about 4-5 large round tables set up to accommodate about 6 of us each, lots of plugs, and lots of natural and overhead light.  All of us had our stitch guides, threads, and canvases waiting for us.  You could definitely feel the electricity and the excitement in the room to get started!  Once Tony started talking, it was radio silence. He showed each person's canvas one at a time and talked about the challenges and the positives of every canvas.  This is a picture of the one I chose.


One thing that was unique about this class is that everyone was able to choose the canvas they wanted. They could pick something from their stashes or buy something from any shop.

Lunch was excellent- sandwiches and a delicious cole slaw made with ramen noodles.  Saturday and Sunday were spent in much of the same way- concentrating extra hard on difficult stitches, enjoying the time spent with great friends, and soaking up as much Tony wisdom as possible.

This is a picture of all of the threads after I "organized" them- meaning throwing them into a different bag!



These are pictures of my progress over 3 days!  




After Tony's class, I was on a plane the next week to NYC- really Brooklyn- for my friend's wedding!  She was such a beautiful bride and everyone had a great time!  


1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that you are back posting regularly. I am so pleased to hear that you had a good experience with Tony. I am myself am taking my first Tony class in August of 2013! I am looking forward to seeing progress on your stocking.

    ReplyDelete