Sunday, October 14, 2012

Silk Lame

Last week I pulled out all of the Fyre Works and changed the thread to SL08, which is a Silk Lame.  It is so much better.  It matches the painted canvas rather than being darker.  The smaller stripes are still in the Kreinik Ribbon, couched with Accentuate, and the white is stitched in Splendor.  "Bama" will be beaded.  I am hoping to finish this piece this week, but I am going to have a busy first two days with the Junior League- my placement and then a Prospective Member Open House.  Wednesday and Thursday nights, I will be in stitching class :)  I can't wait!



Last Wednesday, I started the Aggie Santa.  It actually went quite quickly.  



For now, I have put the Turkey aside, at least until I finish a few more small pieces.  This is my latest progress picture.  I actually messed up the beige feather to the right of the green feather, but I am going to keep it the way it is.  I really like it better.  



Until next time...

4 comments:

  1. So many wonderful projects. Love them all.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. even though i'm a sooner, i can't help but love your aggie santa! he is so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You all are so sweet! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete