Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Scottish Santa and a New Canvas

Hello!

I have been on a stitching tear here in SC! I finished my chrismon, my july sheep, and lots of progress on the Scottish santa. I am doing pretty much the whole santa with silk and ivory threads. I love stitching with threads that I do not get to use that often. I love silk and ivory, but sometimes it is too thick on 18 count canvas.


Because I have been stitching a lot of Christmas or Christmas colored things, I have been trying to branch out to something that would be a bit brighter. Sooo... I thought I would try this Kelly Clark Angel! She is so pink and pretty! And I love the lime green. I had to go all the way to Charleston to find her. I went to several shops: Po's Point in Charlotte, Needle and Canvas in Spartanburg, and finally to It's a Stitch in Charleston. Needle and Canvas is a shop that I have not visited before and consequently have not reviewed on this blog before. I really enjoyed the shop and was quite surprised to find such a nice shop in Spartanburg. It is very similar to the shops in Houston and to It's a Stitch. The thread selection is broad with lots of colors in each line (silk n' ivory, burmilana, etc), and the canvas selection includes lots of Christmas things and lots of things from other seasons from lots of famous designers. If I was in the Christmas canvas mood, I would have bought a few! They had at least two Scottish santa canvases!


No comments:

Post a Comment