Monday, March 26, 2012

Progress and Finishes

Sorry it has taken me over a month to post again.  I have been really busy at work and with various needlepoint projects.  I did not like posting the same canvas over and over again with a bit of progress, so I thought I would hold off posting until I had something more substantial to post!

And the big news is.... I finally FINISHED JOY!!!

As you can tell by this blog, I have been working on this since the stitch guide came out in the December  2009 issue of Needlepoint Now.  I am happy it is finished, and so pleased with the results.  

This is a close-up of the "Y" with the glittery jewels and the gold Kreinik French knots!  The French knots were the most nerve wracking for me because I feel like some of them came out uneven, but I am leaving it alone!  The berries were Emily's suggestion too.  I padded the berries with Frosty Rays and then satin stitched over them.  I love the juicy and plump look it gave to the berries to make them stick out above the holly leaves.

This is what I have also been working on... and I am almost done.  Just the beads and the bullion knots on his toes.  This picture was taken before my Sunday stitching was complete, so since the photograph and now, I have completed the belly and the legs.