Sunday, September 22, 2013

Hard Post


Thank you to all of you who are still reading this blog after a few months of absence. I went through something so sudden and devastating, it's been hard to even sit and think about writing this post.  My husband asked for a divorce and concurrently started having an affair with a married woman at his office. I try to keep this blog strictly needlepoint related and not too personal, but this has affected every aspect of my life including my needlepoint life. I haven't really felt like stitching and have only started to get back into it with a belt project and a few smaller ones. I'm praying everyday for him and for me and our relationship with each other. I know this is silly, but I still love him very much despite all of this. I know my life is in God's hands and that God uses times like this to make us better people for Him. 

Thank you for reading so far. Below are some progress pictures on my latest projects. 

Roll Tide belt for my dad. It's all basket weave but it's been really nice just to stitch. 


Wrong side up, but lots of good progress. 


Carol Dupree candy cane. It's a quick stitch using silk lame, splendor, and Kreinik. 



Finished candy cane. First finish in a while. 

I also started the Petei nativity. I'm so happy that Petei is coming back thanks to Painted Pony. 









16 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear about all that you are going through. I will be thinking of you and praying for you both. It is nice to have needlepoint to turn to as something to distract you in times of trouble.

    xoxo Steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry for this trouble in your life! I will keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear this has happened to you and am sure that God will see you through this difficult time. Wishing and praying for the very best for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What sorrow. Wishing you comfort and an occasional smile. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a large group of supporters when you need us! Keeping you in thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just wanted to send you a great big hug! Will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying for you and for strength from God for whatever lies ahead. Sending a hug your way too through the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry to read this news. My heart aches for you. Try to remember that actions speak louder than words.....and KNOW that you deserve only the best. Hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a life altering event is stressful indeed and I pray you can find solice in the wonderful world of needlepoint. PS, the same thing happened to me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you all for your sweet comments and prayers. They are much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have missed your posts and am so sorry to hear you are having a rough time. Hang in there and know you have lots of prayers, thoughts, and virtual hugs coming your way.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Keep the faith and take care of yourself. Brighter days are ahead. Keep stitching too. It is very soothing during chaotic times. This happened to me too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Casey, I am so very sorry. I'll be thinking of and praying for you. I have missed your posts and am glad to see you're starting to work on some things. I get such good ideas from your projects! xo xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great Alabama belt! As you can see from the comments, you are not alone - I've been there too. May your stitching be a balm for your soul - whether soothing basketweave or the poke and stab method to work through frustration and disappointment! Faith - and a good lawyer - will get you through this time. You're in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete