Monday, August 8, 2011

new canvases

Despite my no- new canvas challenge for 2011, I have acquired a few throughout the year.

At a Chaparral trunk show for Petei, I completed my Marie Antoinette with a Louis XVI.


He is very handsome!  A perfect complement to Marie

I aslo acquired a 5th figure for my patriotic set- Ben Franklin


Then in early February, I spotted in Dallas at the Needlepoint store on Lover's Lane, this &more canvas! I could not pass it up.  I have seen the Texas team canvases, but I thought it was so perfect for my dad that I had to buy it.  It was actually lying on a table like someone had picked it out to buy it and then did not.  I actually had to ask the couple standing near it if they had intended to buy it.  It was fate!


So far I have made  a lot (compared to how much stitching I have done over the past 8 months) progress.



My sister took a trip to Boston this summer, and brought me this lovely canvas!  I saw the price tag however, and I don't know if it's just me, but some canvases are getting outrageous.  This one was almost $200.  I have a hard time spending lots and lots of money on a canvas when it just seems so out of the ballpark price wise.  I feel like a lot of Melissa Shirley's are that way too.  Here is the canvas that I probably would not have purchased but it is very beautiful and I am glad that I have it.  I would not trade all of the thought and effort that she made to get this for the world.  I can't wait to start it.



No comments:

Post a Comment